As the Ohio Township Trustee, I am an elected official of the local government, serving for a term of four years unless re-elected for additional terms. I administer a township which is a political subdivision of a county. I am charged with the mission to provide in a fiscally responsible manner:
- fire protection for areas of the township that are not incorporated into the city or town
- emergency and short-term assistance to low-income households who, despite their personal efforts, are not able to provide for their basic needs
- inspection and care of four (4) abandoned cemeteries
- control of tall grass and rank vegetation in residential areas
- management of the township budget and financial records
- preparation of an annual financial report for the State Board of Accounts
- management of all township-owned properties and buildings
- receipt and pay-out of township funds
I was elected on January 1, 2015, an am passionate about providing township services that are fiscally responsible. I am a very active member of the Ohio Township community having earned the Newburgh Outstanding Citizen Award of the year from the Newburgh Town Council in 2002, 2005, 2009, 2010 and 2014. I was a member of the Ohio Township Advisory Board from 2007-2014 and served as President of the Board for 4 years. I have also been an active member of the Newburgh Volunteer Fire Department for some 20 years and have served as Assistant Chief for over 10 of those years. Additionally, I have been a Volunteer Reserve Deputy Sheriff for the Warrick County Sheriff’s Office. Further, as a successful business owner in Ohio Township, I bring years of experience in business development planning, facility management and finance to the Trustee Office.
My wife, Julie, and I have lived in Ohio Township since 1996. We have two sons.
I welcome communication with our constituents and I serve to advance the services here in Ohio Township.
Our office is dedicated to treating everyone with respect and dignity and I/we are here to serve you. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us at 812-853-8835
Mary Ann Beck