Documents Required

Click here to see the Checklist.

The following is a list of documents you will need to bring if you are planning to apply for Township Assistance:

  • Verification of 30 days residency in Ohio Township.
  • Valid Indiana Driver’s License or Indiana State ID for all household members 18 years and older.
  • Social Security card for all household members.
  • If applicable, all applicants with minor children in the household must apply for child support and verify the application.
  • Income verification must be presented for all household members- If you and/or a household member are working, pay stubs for the past thirty days; if you and/or a household member receive unemployment benefits, child support or pension, bring documentation of the amount(s) received and printouts reflecting payment history are required.
  • Proof of benefits if you receive or do not receive:
    • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
    • Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC).
    • Food Stamps (SNAP).
    • Medicaid.
    • Social Security.
    • Supplemental Security Income (SSI/SSD).
    • Any other sources of assistance received in the last 30 days.
  • Proof of all pending applications (i.e. Medicaid, SS/SSI, Food Stamps (SNAP), Unemployment, Child Support, etc.)
  • A lease agreement from your landlord.
  • A signed and completed rental agreement/mortgage.
  • Current bills for the assistance being requested (i.e. Vectren bill, water bill, sewage bill, etc.).
  • If you or any household member receives income, you must present receipts verifying how you spent your income during the past thirty (30) days prior to your request for assistance.
  • Rent or mortgage payment.
  • Original utility bill (electric, gas, water cable/satellite and phones).
  • Bank statement or money order receipts.
  • ALL receipts showing how you have spent your money.
  • Applicants must show a hardship.

Utility Assistance

Utility assistance applicants must also bring your DISCONNECT NOTICE issued under the name of one of the adult household members who is applying.

Rental Assistance

We do not assist with your rent if you are on Section 8. You must have resided at your current address for at least 30 days before rental assistance can be given.

Click here for Rental/Mortgage Payment Verification Form

Employment Application Verification

If you are currently unemployed, your case manager may also require proof that you are actively seeking employment. If this is the case, he or she will give you forms to be completed by prospective employers.

Accessibility Toolbar

Call Now